This recipe for Matcha Pancakes is a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe that is great for a gluten-free diet or anyone looking for a grain-free, protein-packed breakfast.
The flavour of matcha with themakes these pancakes a little more special, and also gives them an added nutritional boost!
Serving Size: 6 Medium-sized Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour or all-purpose flour (optional - gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar (optional, if you like your pancakes sweetened)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs if vegan)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut or olive oil for frying
- Garnish with fresh fruits of choice, marshmallows or simply maple syrup & a dusting of Matcha
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl or cup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Heat pan to medium heat and coat bottom with oil.
- Scoop some pancake batter into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until little bubbles start to form, then flip and cook another minute on the other side until golden.
- Serve with crushed freeze-dried strawberries or fresh sliced strawberries, micro greens & marshmallows for some added flair & flavour, & a dusting of matcha powder.
You can make a double batch of this recipe and store leftovers in the fridge to enjoy all week. Just pop these pancakes in a toaster oven or back in a pan to reheat!
Tag us in your SANA Matcha Pancake creations on Instagram with the hashtag #sanamornings.